MarimbaProduct #: Marimba
clean, clear, clever distortion-free design
BUILT OF THE FINEST MATERIALS AND HOUSED IN
A STYLISTICALLY SIMPLE-LOOKING PACKAGE:
THIS IS MARIMBA.
The marimba, music hall's first foray into loudspeakers, was purposefully designed not to call attention to it self with flashy cosmetics and exotic shapes, but to disappear into the background and let the music shine. A small bookshelf speaker, these little gems produce a deep and wide soundstage that will have you listening to and enjoying more of your music collection.
The extensively braced cabinet is made of MDF (medium density fiberboard) and was chosen for its rigid and non-resonant qualities. The drive units and associated crossover components are simply the best available in this price class. All final tuning was done 'by ear,' with real music.
- custom designed low-resonance 1 in. silk dome tweeter with neodymium magnet for extended high frequency performance, reduced distortion, and increased power handling
- stiff 5¼ in. polypropylene woofer with low-distortion bullet style dust cap and rigid steel chassis
- non-resonant medium density fiberboard cabinet
- extensive internal cross-bracing minimizes cabinet and front baffle vibration
- gold plated binding posts
- high purity oxygen-free copper internal wiring
- specially tuned rear port design for extended low frequency response
- optimized voicing for coherent and seamless integration between woofer and tweeter
- curved cabinet to reduce distortion and edge diffraction
- poly-foam insulated enclosure improves midrange and bass performance while reducing cabinet noise
- removable grill
- magnetically shielded
- power handling: 75 watts
- frequency range: 50hz – 35kHz
- impedance: 6 Ohm nominal
- sensitivity: 87dB (1w/1m)
- crossover frequency: 2.6kHz
- recommended amplifier: 20 – 75 watts
- tweeter: 1″ (25mm) silk dome with neodymium magnet
- woofer: 5.25″ (133mm) polypropylene cone, steel chassis, shielded
- cabinet: 5/8″ (15mm) MDF w/CARB 11 certificate
- dimensions: (6.6w x 8.7d x 11.0h in.) (167 x 221 x 279mm)
- weight: 17.2lbs/pr. (7.8kg)
- weight: 19.8lbs/pr (9kg)
- gross Weight: 19.8lbs/pr (9kg)
- finish: black vinyl
"an astonishing little speaker..."
Sam Tellig - Stereophile
"The sound was excellent—warm, detailed, engaging, and, most of all, fun."
Stephen Mejias - Stereophile
"For once, you get true high-end audio at an affordable price point; the Marimba just sounds like an expensive speaker."
Steve Guttenberg - c|net